Return Home

 

Ardmore, PA Real Estate:

History of Ardmore

 

 

 

 Ardmore is divided into two townships: Haverford Township, Delaware County

and Lower Merion Township, Montgomery County.

Below are important links for Ardmore:

 

Facebook
 
Ardmore PA - Facebook

 

Ardmore, Pennsylvania was originally settled by Welsh Quakers in 1682. Ardmore, PA was originally named Athensville in 1811 by a wealthy resident named Dr. James Anderson. The area was renamed 'Ardmore' in 1873 by the Pennsylvania Railroad. 'Ardmore' was taken from the name of a town in County Waterford Ireland. Ardmore is Gaelic, which signifies high grounds or hills.  

The Merion Golf Club was established in Ardmore in 1896, and is scheduled to host the 2013 US Open.

Suburban Square is located in Ardmore, which is one of America's oldest shopping centers.

In 2009, Money magazine ranked Ardmore as the 12th best place for the Rich and Single.

Privacy Policy | Disclaimer

Egan Real Estate